LAST UPDATED: 2019.03.19
practices in connection with information that we or our third-party service providers collect through
certain of our owned or controlled websites, web properties (e.g., widgets and applications) and mobile
"Property" or collectively the "Properties"). By providing Personal
Information (as defined below) to us through the Properties, you acknowledge you have read this Privacy
Policy and you understand the terms and conditions herein.
practices of any third party, including Facebook, Inc., Apple Inc., Google LLC, Microsoft Corp., any
wireless carriers, our songwriters, our affiliates and any third party operating any site or property to
which any Property contains a link. In addition, the inclusion of a link on any Property does not imply
endorsement of, or affiliation with, the linked site or Property by us or by our songwriters or
affiliates. Please note that the Properties may include the ability to access and submit (including, for
example, via a third-party software application or service that is available through or in connection
with a Property) certain information directly to third parties, such as Facebook, or to any application
platform, such as Apple's App Store or Google Play. Such information is submitted by you directly to
Personal Information We May Collect
Two types of information are collected in connection with the Properties: Personal Information and Other
Information. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you or makes you
identifiable as an individual. "Other Information" is any information that does not
reveal your specific identity. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information
under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose
Personal Information as detailed in this Policy. Other Information is addressed separately below, under
the heading "OTHER INFORMATION".
We and our third-party service providers may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Shopping Cart Content
Collection of Personal Information
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information through the Properties in a variety
of ways, including:
- Through the Properties
- We may collect Personal Information through the Properties, for example, when you register
for newsletters or other communications through the Properties, make a purchase or make a
- From Other Sources
- We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- publicly available databases; or
- marketing partners when they share information with us in the context of marketing
and promotional campaigns related to our business.
- If you use your social media or other third party account to enter our sweepstakes, contest,
or promotions or via an initiation to sign into such account on our Properties, you will
share certain Personal Information from your third party account with us which may include,
for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, listening
history, favourite tracks and any other information that you make or which is otherwise
accessible to us when you connect through such third party account.
You are not required by statute or contract to provide any Personal Information to us. For example, when
you participate in various opportunities provided through the Properties, we collect Personal
Information from you in order to enable you (or us) to complete your experience on the Properties.
How We Use Personal Information
We and our third-party service providers use Personal Information for the following business purposes
- Providing the functionality of the Properties and fulfilling your requests.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply
with a legal obligation.
- To provide the Properties' functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered
account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests, when you contact us via one of our
online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions,
compliments or complaints, or when you request information about our Properties.
- To send to you administrative information, including information regarding the Properties
and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To complete and fulfil your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order
delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
We will engage in this activity with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
- To send you marketing communications, that we believe may be of interest to you if you have
indicated that you would like to receive them (including, without limitation, by our
third-party service providers that send direct mail, email, and other types of advertising)
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate
- To analyse or predict our users' preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on
how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Properties.
- To personalize your experience on the Properties using your IP address, by presenting
content, products, and offers tailored to you.
- Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions using your email
address, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules,
which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal
Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully; in the event of a conflict
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be
considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may
use and disclose for any purpose.
We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a
legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Properties;
- Audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with
legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks
or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Properties are
of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our
campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts
of our Properties are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting
our users' interests.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information:
- You can consult the list and location of our affiliates here https://wminewmedia.com/affiliates/.
- Warner Music Inc. is the party responsible for the management of jointly-used Personal
- To our third-party service providers (and in some cases, our affiliates), to facilitate the services
they provide to us
- These can include providers of services such as hosting, data analysis, payment processing,
order fulfilment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery,
credit card processing, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide such
- To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- Our songwriters (including any of the songwriters’ associates, if applicable) and their
representatives, so that the songwriters and their representatives may use this information
to send to you communications (including marketing communications) that they believe may be
of interest to you, including, for example, if you (a) sign up to join the applicable
songwriter's mailing list and/or to receive such songwriter's newsletters, (b) register with
the applicable songwriter's website, or (c) have otherwise indicated that you would like to
receive information and/or marketing communications from the applicable songwriter. We do
not control, and are not responsible for, songwriters' and their representatives' use of
- To a relevant songwriter who is no longer affiliated with us, if you indicated an interest
in such songwriter (for example, by registering with the songwriter's website)
- To third parties that sponsor contests, sweepstakes and similar promotions so that they can
facilitate and administer such contests, sweepstakes and promotions
- By using the Properties, you may elect to disclose Personal Information
- On or through message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you
are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information and materials
that you post or disclose on or through a Property will become public information, and may
be available to visitors to such Property and to the general public, and may be
redistributed through the Internet and other media channels where they will reach an even
we retain certain rights in the information and materials that you post on or through the
Properties, and we may use and disclose such information and materials (including any
be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any Other
Information, on or through the Properties. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OR DISCLOSURE
OF ANY INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH ANY PROPERTY.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a
legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or songwriters;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, our
songwriters, you or others; or
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a
third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment,
transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock
(including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) Such third parties may
include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s)
for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria we use to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Properties to you (for
example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Properties);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to
keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable
statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose to us, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social
security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other
beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Properties or
Other Information We May Collect
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information (defined above) such as:
- Browser and device information
- Mobile App usage date
- Server log files
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies. If you are located within
- Geographic location information
- Demographic information and other non-personally identifiable information provided by you
- Information about how you use the Properties
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways,
- Through your browser or your device: Certain information is collected by most
browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type (Windows or Macintosh),
screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version and the type and
version of a Property that you are using. We and our service providers may also collect a unique
device identifier assigned by us or our service providers to the device from which you are accessing
a Property and other transactional information for the device that we and our service providers may
use to serve content and advertisements to the device.
- Through your use of Mobile Apps: When you download and use a Mobile App, we
and our service providers may track and collect Mobile App usage data, such as the date and time the
Mobile App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded
to the Mobile App based on your device number.
- Through server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is
automatically assigned to your device from which you are accessing a Property by your Internet
Service Provider (ISP), and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever
you visit the Property, along with the time of the visit and the activity on the Property. We and
our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Property usage levels,
helping diagnose server problems, administering the Properties and determining your approximate
beacons, Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects ("Flash LSOs")) and other
similar technologies to, among other things, better serve you with more tailored information for our
products and services, and for those of third parties, facilitate your ongoing access to and use of
the Properties, and collect and store information about your use of the Properties. For example,
pixel tags and web beacons may be used in connection with a Property to, among other things, track
the actions of such Property’s users, measure the success of marketing campaigns and compile
statistics about such Property’s usage and response rates.
procedure on most devices through which the Properties are accessed that allows you to
If you choose to decline cookies, then some or all of the features, functionality and
promotions available through the Properties that may not be available to you.
- If your device stores Flash LSOs, and if you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your device
through which you access the Properties, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to
block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel.
You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete
existing Flash LSOs (referred to as "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent
Flash LSOs from being placed on your device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8
and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page
you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit
acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications,
including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Properties or our
content. We expect our service providers and technology suppliers to honour any decision by
you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
- The use of these technologies allows our vendors, and third parties and their vendors, to
deliver advertisements about our products and services, and the products and services of
others, when you use the Properties or other applications or visit websites or web
properties across the Internet on any of your devices. These parties may place so-called
"pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar technologies on the device through
which you access the Properties, and other applications or websites across the Internet, and
also place or recognize third-party cookies when you use the Properties, or other
applications, websites or web properties. They may also use these technologies, along with
information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use,
such as a mobile device and a laptop. These vendors and third parties may use information
about your visits, on the different devices you use, to the Properties, and other
applications, websites or web properties (excluding your name, address, and telephone
number), as well as information received from third parties, to provide advertisements for
us and others about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like
more information about this practice, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at
www.networkadvertising.org or the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info. You may
also visit those sites to opt out of these advertising practices in desktop and mobile
- Our Properties do not respond to browser-based do-not-track signals.
- Geographic location information: If you use any location-enabled products or
services, you may be sending us location information. When you use a location-enabled service, we
may collect and process information about your precise geographical location, such as GPS signals
sent by a mobile device. We and our third party service providers and partners may use your device’s
physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services, content and
advertisements. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of your device’s
location, but if you choose to deny such uses, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable
personalized services and content.
- From you: We may collect demographic information, such as your zip code or gender,
as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, when you voluntarily
provide this information to us. This information does not necessarily personally identify you or any
other user of the Properties, unless further information is added to it that would allow
identification to take place. In such case, the information will be treated as Personal Information.
- Information about how you interact on the Properties: We may collect
information about how you interact on the Properties. For example, some Properties may utilize
analytic tools to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the
Properties. This collected information may let us know which services and features you are using the
most within a Property, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate Personal Information so that the
end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Properties, for example, by
using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who like a particular
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required
to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal
Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in "How We May Collect Other
Information" section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal
Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as
combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal
Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is
We will use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information
under our control. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure,
please notify us immediately in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of Personal Information about you for marketing
You may opt-out from the following as set forth below:
- Receiving marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates: If you do not want
to receive marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may
opt-out from receiving such emails either by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in the email
or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with songwriters: If you prefer that we
not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with songwriters, you may opt-out from
such sharing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In each case, please make clear in your email what you are opting-out from. We will comply with your
request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that, if you do opt-out from receiving
marketing-related messages from us, we may still send administrative messages to you.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information
that you previously provided to us, if you would like to object to our use of your Personal Information,
or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes
of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you
by applicable law), you may contact us at: email@example.com. We will respond to your request
consistent with applicable law. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would
like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our
database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal
Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal
Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we
may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your
request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete
any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase
or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until
after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
Where our collection and use of Personal Information is based on your consent, you may withdraw such
consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and such withdrawal will not affect the
lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
The Properties are controlled and operated from the United States of America; accordingly, this Privacy
Policy, and our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, is governed by the laws of
the United States of America, and the Properties are not intended to subject WCMUSA or any of its
affiliates to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United
States of America. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have
facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Properties you understand that your
information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United
States of America, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your
If you are located in the EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the
European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the
full list of these countries is available here. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered
adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard
contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission regarding Personal Information. You may obtain a
copy of these measures by contacting email@example.com or consult standard terms by following this
The Properties are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that such
individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Properties.
Warner Chappell Music, Inc., located at 777 S. Santa Fe Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90021, the United States
of America, is the company responsible for collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information
contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you are located within the EU/EEA, you
may also lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region, or where an
alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is
We are located at the following address:
Warner Chappell Music, Inc.
777 S. Santa Fe Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90021
United States of America
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card
information or other sensitive information in your email messages to us.